Friday 15 October 2010

Here goes...Blog no. 1 7/9/09

I consider myself quite laid back about this whole pregnancy thing.  DH and I haven’t had the discussion about names yet – probably won’t until the day it’s born, knowing us!  I haven’t been tempted to buy anything either.  Bump’s not due till December, so plenty of time.  I’ve got a Maclaren baby bouncer though – donated by a friend.

I’m currently updating my work calendar – each day will be a reminder of how many days till D Day.  As you can imagine, this takes quite a lot of effort, and is a big job, especially as I’m supposed to be actually working.  I’m doing it bit by bit.  Haven’t got very far yet.

I suppose I should say a bit about me: 36, been with DH 14 years (but only got married last year – we like to take our time).  Work in publishing, and also a musician.  Due 16th December, although the hospital thinks it’s the 20th.  Having a baby round then is great, it means we don’t have to make any Christmas plans, it’s effectively cancelled.  I’d been looking for an excuse to bail out of Christmas, this is by far the most effective!  Don’t know what flavour we’re having, neither of us wanted to know.

I’ve never really written a journal before – I don’t usually have the patience.  My main reason for doing so is to stop me talking to myself, and having an outlet, instead of letting all these thoughts whizz round in my head.  I’ve no idea how long this will last, but I think I’m going to try and keep this up, at least for a bit.  I might even try and make it interesting, but I can’t guarantee that – I’m not that interesting a person!

No comments:

Post a Comment